How does this apply to the hair and scalp? How do you use this in the hair?In the same way, glycolic acid works on the skin, glycolic acid when absorbed by the scalp weakens the bond between the dead skin and the newer skin underneath. Thus removing flakes and dandruff on the scalp. Many of you will ask if glycolic acid can also make the hair grow longer and stronger. The answer is that a healthy scalp breeds healthy hair. We all know that healthy hair comes from a healthy scalp. Once your scalp rakes in the benefits of glycolic acid, with the help of other compatible hair care products, you can have stronger and healthier hair.
How to apply glycolic acid to the hair?Apply glycolic acid on your wet or dry scalp as a pre-shampoo treatment. Leave it for a few minutes and wash it off with your regular shampoo and conditioner. Do this once or twice a week.
The Ordinary Glycolic Acid 7% Toning Solution
This toning solution offers a gentle exfoliation that improved skin brightness and clarity. It contains 7% glycolic acid making it compatible with sensitive skin.Buy On Amazon
Safety and PrecautionAlthough most glycolic acid in the market is safe, it is still advisable to do a patch test before using this product. Some skin is uber-sensitive and may react differently using this acid. Using glycolic acid on the scalp is generally safe but too much of this product can weaken the hair and may cause hair loss. Limit your use of glycolic acid as a scalp scrub or treatment to only once or twice a week.
Can glycolic acid really improve dandruff and the appearance of a flaky scalp?
- Yes, glycolic acid is effective in removing dandruff and flakes.
Is glycolic acid good for your scalp?
- Yes, glycolic acid is good for the scalp if you use it properly. Use for only once or twice a week to avoid weakening your hair and scalp.
Can I leave glycolic acid in the scalp overnight?
- Use glycolic acid as a pre-shampoo treatment and leave it on your scalp for up to 10 minutes. Wash with your regular shampoo and conditioner.
How long should I leave glycolic acid in the scalp?
- We recommend leaving glycolic acid on the scalp for a few minutes, up to 10 minutes.
What are the side effects of glycolic acid?
- Sensitive skin may react differently to glycolic acid. This may cause redness and irritation to your skin. On the scalp, using glycolic acid in excess can weaken the hair strands.
What should you not mix with glycolic acid?
- Glycolic acid is not compatible with salicylic acid. These two products are proven to work in removing dead skin, but mixing them can cause skin irritation.
When should I use glycolic acid in my routine?
- Use glycolic acid as a pre-shampoo treatment. Wash it off using your regular shampoo and conditioner.
How to use glycolic acid safely?
- When using any acid or chemical, always follow the instructions in the bottle. These instructions are given by the manufacturer with the intention of safety and efficacy.
What are the other uses of glycolic acid?
- Apart from preventing flakes and dandruff, glycolic acid is also used in the skincare and cosmetic industry for its anti-aging benefits. It is also used to help in preventing acne and clarifying the skin.
Can I use Vitamin C with glycolic acid?
- It is not advisable to use Vitamin C with glycolic acid. Both are acids that might burn the skin if used in excess.